SSAB: Costing Green Steel Transition
Quantifying net zero transition plans for the steel sector.
- Investors require more clarity from companies on transition plans.
- What does a transition plan in the steel sector look like? How can it be costed and how should its carbon be quantified? What’s the most practical way to communicate steel transition plans to investors?
- In this insight report we review the SSAB HYBRIT model, its benefits and challenges, and wider implications for the steel sector.
- We assess the transition challenges relating to both hydrogen direct reduction and blast furnace CCUS routes.
- We review the implications of utilising more scrap and the imposition of the EU ETS and Carbon Boarder Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM).